Sunday, July 28, 2013

time.

Dear Time,

Please slow down.  You are kind of rushing me.  Today was a big day for me.  Maybe a little too much transpired all in one day.  In the future perhaps you could take it a little easier on me.  Baby steps would be much appreciated.

Not only did my 5 and a half (never mention just that he is just 5 in his presence unless you want to get an ear full ) year old get to go to a drop off birthday party today (Oh, really?  No parents need stay?  Um...AWESOME!)  But, then I waited up until 10:30 pm for him to come home.  I was tired long before then as it was past my bedtime.  But.He.Was.Out.  With his dad & cousins, fishing, but none the less he was out. I am so not ready to go to bed before my kids yet.  I mean, how does that even happen for the first time?  Nope.  Not going to do it.  Not yet anyways.   We also chose today to take some donations of the last of our little boy toys. No more giant push trucks. No more little books about shapes.  No more race cars that play music.  No sir. We are in to hot wheels, legos, superheroes & transformers, thank you very much.

So you see, time.  I am well aware that Time Keeps on slippin',slippin', slippin' Into the future, but is there anyway you could make oh, I don't know say the tantrums go faster, but the events and/or milestones slow down a little?  I think I have already been pretty clear on my thoughts about Kindergarten rapidly approaching ( 37 days!) so give a gal a break.   May these last few weeks of glorious summer slow.  May each day be savored & each moment a memory made.  Because frankly the thought of what all comes next the driving, the dating & the curfews all makes me want to throw up a little.  So I would like to hold onto my snuggles, sound effects, foot races & living room talent shows just a bit longer.

Sincerely,

A mama who just realized her first born is not so little anymore.  Bittersweet, Time.  Bittersweet.



No comments:

Post a Comment